Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Hybrid Poppies

My Hybrid Poppies !

I had crossed my Tasmanian Giant poppies with the strong strain of Red Opium Poppy that has always grown in our garden.

There are two test plants planted in different parts of the garden and they both look like this :

Impressive huh ?!!
The Flowers have a size of about 2/3 a sandwich plate.
The pods are around med-large size, but the best part is, each plant has so far produced exactly 23 flowers/pods.
I call them the Tasmanian Pink !

I'll save the seeds carefully and grow some in our hydroponics garden over winter.
Hopefully by next season I'll have enough to sell to others !

BTW, if you are interested in my red poppy seeds, you can always buy from me or contact me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home