Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Pink Tazzie

The Pink Tazzie

Wow !
Just thought I'd update. The Pink Tazzie that I crossed is actually quite uniform. Both plants now have 28 flowers / pods.
They are fantastic and even more prolific that the red opium poppy I have.

Interestingly, the new hybrid has taken on the size of the Tazzie but is more rounded. The amount of flowers/pods it has breaks any of my past records. The actual plant has 6 major stalks with each leaf area throwing off at least 2 flowers.
i cant wait to see what the seeds look like.
The Tasmanian seed (as you may know) is a blue large seed, and the red one has a small black seed.

More later,
Rachel.

http://papaver--somniferum.blogspot.com

BTW; Check out my other blog.....
Doubling Challenge

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home